Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Coworkers Apparently Don't Know Who I Am Anymore

I just had the following conversation with a guy at work.

Me: Hey, Jim.
Jim: Sony, hi! How are you?
Me: Um, did you just call me Sony?
Jim: Uh, yeah, I did. I have a Sony...thing...at home. I don't know...*incoherent mumbling*
Me: ...
Jim: ...

At least he didn't call me anything completely outrageous like Magnavox or Daewoo. The funniest thing is that I think he really would have continued the conversation unfazed if I hadn't noticed his error (and I almost didn't). I also can't help picturing a passionate scene in which Jim, caught up in the throes of lovemaking, accidentally calls out the name of his refrigerator instead of his lover.

"Oh, Kenmore, don't stop!"

You have to admit that it would make for an amusing TV ad.

6 comments:

Johanna said...

oh my.

p.s. your page takes 934802348 years to load and makes me not want to visit it as often.

just saying.

love, jo

August said...

Really? It doesn't take long for me at all.

How about now?

August said...

Also, can you let me know which browser you're using?

katsb said...

FYI: as a Firefox user, your page only takes a few seconds to load.

Anonymous said...

HAhahaha!!! Maybe it was one of those things where his brain went to say something and his mouth tried not to and they got all confused. You know that happens to me ALL the time, and it is VERY embarrassing. Hm, I didn't realize there were two r's in that word. Thanks spellchecker.

LOVE YOU.

August said...

Thanks, Kat! I removed a widget that I suspected might have been slowing things down, and it seems that things have sped up a little even for me on FF.

Nic, I've found that as I've gotten older, spellcheck is becoming more and more necessary. It's kind of sad, especially since I know I never had trouble spelling certain troublesome words a decade ago.

Copyright 2007-2008.