Saturday, August 23, 2008

Introducing "Sperm Meets Egg" Saturday!

It's been a boring day, but I suppose I shouldn't complain, as I've been aching for a chance to rest for the past week. Since I'm still adjusting to "real life" after my vacation, I really didn't get enough sleep during the work week at all, and it's kept me from writing a couple of terrific entries that have been brewing in my head for a while. I hope to get some real [blogging] work done tomorrow before the week starts all over again.

For those of you who haven't noticed (and I think that includes mostly everybody), I've kept an archive of the little Sperm Meets Egg cartoons that I post below my blog title. It's just something silly that I allow myself to have some fun with, and a new one used to get posted in the archive at 8:00AM EST every Monday. I have no idea why I initially picked Mondays, but I've decided that I like the sound of Sperm Meets Egg Saturdays much better. I'm just a sucker for alliteration.

The poll will be closing soon, for all of you who haven't voted yet. Surprisingly, the most difficult part of updating this blog has been trying to think of new poll questions, which is one of the reasons I let them run for so long. But I've found them very worthwhile, especially since I'm almost always surprised by the results, so I'll try my best to keep up with them.

I've been doing a lot of brainstorming about the kind of content I want on my blog. I've got ideas for regular articles, but I'm not quite sure how to get started on them just yet. I'm still largely in my experimental phase of blogging, and I haven't ruled out the possibility of creating a different blog altogether, so that I'll have one for strictly personal stuff and one for strictly informational stuff about pregnancy in general. So far I'm content with the mix here, but I wonder if I do my readers a disservice by not separating the two. If you've got an opinion either way, I'd love to hear it.

3 comments:

April said...

Personally, I like the way it is now. When you post the personal stuff along with the informational stuff it shows a progression of how you got to where you are now. Hope this helps :)

~April

katsb said...

I love your blog, both the personal and the informational. And I'm sure it's only going to get better. :)

August said...

Thank you very much, ladies. It's reassuring to know that I'm not just confusing everybody!

Copyright 2007-2008.