Sunday, August 10, 2008

Finally, A Break

So my due date, August 9th, has come and gone; and in a way, it was kind of anti-climactic. It was almost like any other day - almost. Marcus and I ran errands, watched a movie, played with our cats, and ate Chinese food.

And we cried, because it was like any other day, and...it just wasn't supposed to be. But it was not the worst day of my life, or even in the top ten of worst days. It was just a painfully normal Saturday.

The participation for the last poll was great, with an astounding 56 responses. Here's the breakdown:

What kind of baby would you most like to care for?

A baby bird. The thought of caring for a helpless infant by regurgitating into its mouth is heartwarming

5 (8%)

A baby elephant. I would ride it to class/work every day, and/or use it to pick up my kid from daycare.

12 (21%)

A baby alligator. Its cold stare will strike fear into the hearts of my enemies!

6 (10%)

A baby human. I hear they make terrific alarm clocks.

33 (58%)

It's a quarter past four in the morning as I write this. Currently, Marcus is cleaning the cat boxes while the cats themselves wonder what the hell we're doing up this early. Soon the packing will be finished (so I'm a procrastinator - sue me) and we'll be on the road towards the beach, where we'll be spending the next week vacationing with my parents, sans Internet. So forgive me if you don't hear from me till then (but I'll have awesome pics, I promise!).

The new poll is up, so don't forget to show me some love and vote while I'm gone. See you in a week!

2 comments:

BerlinBear said...

Have a nice vacation you deserve it!

August said...

Thank you, berlinbear!

Copyright 2007-2008.