Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Little Help, Guys?

I'm going to do something different with the poll this time. I've set up two different polls: one for the ladies, and one for the fellas. I've always been glad to have been born female; I personally find that the biological perks (like not having to worry about squishing my delicates when I ride a unicycle) are worth the social disadvantages. Societal trends and social norms may evolve with plenty of help, but certain biological realities - like the fact that female junk can gestate babies and male junk can't - are pretty much here to stay unless science catches up.

Here are the results from the last poll, which had 57 responses:

If you could decide how long it takes to gestate a full-term baby, which would you prefer?

Less than a month. Get that sucka out ASAP!

12 (21%)

40 weeks is just fine by me, thanks.

33 (57%)

Indefinitely. I just love the perks of pregnancy that much.

3 (5%)

Screw that, I'd like to give birth about three minutes after conception.

9 (15%)

I think it's actually pretty awesome that a few people wish that pregnancy were indefinite. I hope that my full-term experience turns out to be that positive.

2 comments:

katsb said...

I'm really excited about the new polls up. Can't wait to see the outcome. I'll have to get my fiance over to vote as well.

August said...

What's really fun about these polls for me is that I can never guess how they're going to turn out. I'm pretty excited by the number of male responses out there so far; there are already far more than I'd hoped for!

Copyright 2007-2008.