Sunday, July 13, 2008

Neuroses Are My Friends

This cycle I tried to do things a little differently. Rather than micromanaging my fertility and being positively anal over every BBT, every twinge, and every glop of cervical mucus, I decided to try and go with the flow. This month's chart reflects that pretty well, I think. Unreliable plot points (the hollow circles) outnumbering the reliable plot points (solid circles)? Check. Multiple missing plot points? Check. Complete lack of cervical mucus and sexual intercourse data? Check. I'm walking on the wild side this month.

Of course, this means that we've almost certainly missed the boat. My temperature was elevated this morning (you'll have to believe me because I didn't bother to chart the plot point), and while technically I can't assume that means that I've already ovulated (you need three straight days of elevated temps to be sure - also known as a "clear and sustained thermal shift"), I don't feel great about it. I was due to ovulate Saturday or Sunday and it looks like it happened on Saturday. What happened to the sex? I guess in all my efforts to relax and let it happen, I just fucking forgot about it.

Lesson learned. Next month I'm going back to my obsessive-compulsive ways. I'm done temping for this month and I'll return to it with a vengeance next cycle.

No comments:

Copyright 2007-2008.