Saturday, December 27, 2008

And Now We Wait

After weeks of being almost completely asymptomatic, I started spotting yesterday afternoon. Just that quickly, my chances of losing this pregnancy ballooned from 5% (that's the probability of having two miscarriages in a row) to 50%, the probability of miscarrying after having spotting or bleeding.

Marcus and I had to haul ass to find someplace to get my blood drawn before they all wrapped up for the weekend, but of course we won't find out what my hCG levels are until Monday. I'm also getting a second draw on Monday before work to see if my levels are rising properly, and I've been prescribed Prometrium (a progesterone supplement) in the meantime.

We should find out before the New Year whether or not this pregnancy is already over. I don't have a good feeling about this, friends. Not at all. I could feel more optimistic if I'd been having any sort of symptoms in the past two weeks, but I haven't. No fatigue, no increased appetite, no morning sickness, no pulling feelings low in my abdomen, no bloody noses, NONE of the stuff I experienced last time except for sore nipples (and they're not even all that sore).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are going through this. I wish there was something I could do to help. You are in our thoughts and prayers in this long waiting period and obviously we hope to hear good news soon. Please keep us posted. Big hugs.

Anonymous said...

I hope everything will be fine with and of course your baby. God bless and always take care.

Unknown said...

We are still praying for you, and hoping that things are well. Stay strong.

Copyright 2007-2008.