Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Battle Begins

Today I am 10dpo. This time every month, I start to get antsy. This is the point at which a FRER (First Response Early Response) could possibly show a positive. Between today and 13dpo lies the Gulf of False Negatives, a torturous place in which the sticks come up white but hope is still hurtfully alive. As I do every month, I try to hold out for as long as I can. The first month we were ttc I think I tested on 7dpo or something crazy like that. The last month, I somehow managed to make myself wait until 11dpo. Here's a nifty chart to illustrate my relationship with early testing:

As hope turns to cynicism, the first day of testing inches later and later towards the end of my usual cycle

Right now I'm trying to focus on Friday. That would be 12dpo and my chances of a false negative are much lower. If I make it that long, I can be proud of myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fact that you made a chart shows that you are at least trying to stay in good spirits about it all. Keep your chin up. It would be a great Christmas present but if not, a positive next month would be a great way to start the year as well. Crossing my fingers. :)

August said...

Thanks! I actually ended up testing yesterday in a moment of weakness. But that's good, right? According to the chart, that means I'm more hopeful than cynical. So....yay?

Copyright 2007-2008.