Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Team Sports Are Good For TTC...Maybe?

My busy life just got even busier, thanks to my recent amazing feat of...accidentally signing up for a dodgeball team.

You read that right.

A few weeks ago, a friend was telling me about an adult social league that was getting started in the fall, and I told him that I was interested. He asked me for my email address, I gave it to him, and I soon started receiving mass emails from the organizers of the league. I didn't actually read any of the emails, as I hadn't made up my mind on whether or not I was going to join, until today. And today's email had a roster in it - with not just my name, but my t-shirt size on the list. I guess there was a miscommunication.

So I guess my mind has been made up for me, which I don't really mind because - well, it's dodgeball! And I'd love to play! If I happen to get pregnant before the 8 week season ends, I suppose I'll have to ask my doctor if playing dodgeball with slightly tipsy folks is on the long, long list of things that pregnant ladies are supposed to avoid. (Who am I kidding? It almost certainly is.)

P.S. I just realized that the title for this post could be interpreted to mean that the act of trying to conceive can be a team sport. Naturally, that's not what I meant, but it amuses me so I'm keeping it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's how I read the title! Too funny.

Have fun dodging!

August said...

Thank you!

Copyright 2007-2008.