Friday, October 17, 2008

TTC: Cycle 5

Verdict: Failure.
Future Prospects: Meh.

See that temperature spike just two days before the end of the cycle? Yeah, that's never happened before. My highest temp of every cycle has always been on the sixth day past ovulation (and in one case, the seventh). To see it on 12dpo caught me completely off guard, and I actually spent all of Wednesday thinking that I really just might be pregnant. I really did. I was surprised and disappointed on Wednesday night to see the negative test result, but still hopeful. I decided that if Thursday's temp remained high, I would test again, and if not - well, I knew what that meant.

As you can see, Thursday's temp was almost an entire degree lower than Wednesday's. My hopes were dashed and my day was ruined just 2 minutes after I woke up, and I remained in a bitter, tearful mood for most of it (as yesterday's post can tell you).

My consolation is that we get to approach the next cycle with a brand new tool - my microscope. I don't know if it will work, but it's comforting to have something to try.

Trying to Conceive: Chart 5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're interested, I can find out from my acupressure professor what points are good to massage to increase the chances of getting pregnant. I can email them to you, then when I come home, if you ain't heating one up in the oven already, I can work on you!

Anonymous said...

Always looking at the glass half full. I think that is great especially in such a crappy situation. I am sorry about this month but my fingers are crossed for next month and all the months after if need be.

Copyright 2007-2008.