Saturday, December 8, 2007

A Word of Advice for Husbands

There are, among a myriad of other things that you could possibly do wrong, at least two sentences that you should never utter to your pregnant wife, no matter how early in the pregnancy she is:

"I think it's psychosomatic."

and

"You didn't start having symptoms until after you knew you were pregnant."

I shouldn't have to explain that I didn't even know that shortness of breath and nosebleeds were first trimester symptoms until I started having them, panicked, Googled it, and then breathed a sigh of relief. You should just trust me when I say that these things that started happening a few days ago really did just start happening a few days ago. There are going to be a lot of changes, a lot of scary new things happening, and I shouldn't have to worry about whether or not it's really just all in my head. If anything, now that I do know that I'm pregnant, now really is the time to really start trusting and listening to my body.

No comments:

Copyright 2007-2008.