Thursday, December 13, 2007

Et Tu, Rocky?

I called Rocky and Charlie's caretakers last night just to check up on them and see how the boys are doing. She said that Charlie is totally adorable, cuddly, and has woken her up at 3 in the morning by massaging his claws into her face. That's par for the course for Charlie.

I also learned that Rocky, to my horror, has apparently come excitedly running to his temporary parents when they called his name on at least one occassion.

Do you know how many times in the four months we've had him that Rocky has come running to us when we call his name? None! How many times he's come sauntering smoothly over when we called his name? None! How many times he's even turned his head in our direction and acknowledged us in any way? You see where this is going, I'm sure.

In the span of two days, Rockstar has already shown more affection and obediance to his caretakers than he has ever shown to Marcus and me. I can either conclude that he actually does love somebody else more than me, or that he is going through separation anxiety and is clinging to anyone that gives him attention right now.

I know it makes me a bad person to secretly hope that it is the latter and not the former. So I won't admit to that, although I will admit to being jealous. Instead just let me close by saying a few cathartic words:

Rocky is a cheating harlot. There I said it.

No comments:

Copyright 2007-2008.