Friday, December 7, 2007

An Apt Comparison

Today marks the last day of my fifth week of pregnancy. I have been aware of said pregnancy for six days now. Despite the fact that I am dying to share the news with any and every friend, relative, and supermarket cashier that I know, I haven't made a wide announcement as of yet, and I don't plan to for at least another two months. It's just too early for that. The sober reality is that anything could happen. I don't like to think about it, but I really just can't help it.

As a consolation prize for keeping such a big secret (mostly) to myself, I decided to make a very subtle announcement on my PC wallpaper at work. Whereas I would love to display sepia-toned faces of babies and booties and kids picking their noses, I fear that would be a bit too obvious. Plenty of people walk by my cube every day, and there is nothing to keep them from seeing my background when I'm away from my desk and the computer is locked.

And so began the search for the perfect image. Something that aptly (but subtly!) describes the wondrous process of pregnancy and childbirth, and yet also reflects just how absolutely fucking terrified I am.

After half a day of brainstorming, I found it.

This is the start of something beautiful.

2 comments:

chole said...

that is SO you
and i am in love with it!

August said...

Ha, someone at work has already commented on it. He probably just thinks that I'm a huge fan of the movie (even though I am, but that's besides the point.)

Copyright 2007-2008.