Monday, November 24, 2008

Truth Hurts

I picked Sega up and held her face close to mine last night before bed. This is the conversation that I had with my little kitten:

Me: Do you love me?
Sega: *blank stare*
Me: Okay, do you like me?
Sega: *blank stare*
Me: Um...do you tolerate me?
Sega: *blank stare*
Me: Are you planning to kill me?
Sega: *eagerly licks my nose as if to say You bet! and then bounces cheerfully away*

I suppose I should appreciate her honesty.

Sega is presumably plotting my doom in her secret lab
In other news, we currently have four cats living with us right now. We're catsitting for a friend while he's out of town for the week, and the poor girl is inexplicably injured (we didn't do it, my friend came home and found her limping yesterday). She's sad, misses her daddy (she spends her day curled up in one of his shirts), and is going to be furious when I have to stick her in the cat carrier and subject her to the vet's poking and prodding tonight. I really hope that I don't get bit, but I can't be too mad at her if I do; I'm a stranger to her, after all, and she's frightened and in pain.

I'm hoping to befriend the new cat sometime during the next week, though. I'll need all the protection I can get from my devious kitten and her nefarious plots.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have got to love how honest cats are and how they live their lives entirely on THEIR terms.

New kitty will warm up to you I'm sure. I'd be a bit intimidated too if I didn't feel well and was surrounded by 3 other cat. I think it is adorable that she sleeps in her daddy's shirt. Ours tend to do that with clean laundry - see what I mean, on THEIR terms!!

Girl in the Dirt said...

Cats are so sassy. I'm not sorry Erin is allergic to them so we can't have one. They're one of those seductive animals - you're like, hey, cats are cool! They're easy! Let's get a CAT! They're warm and fuzzy and they purr! It will sit on my lap and love me and care for me when I am sad!

But it's all a charade.

Once invited into your house, you become a victim of their timelessly evil ways...

Dogs just need a walk and to poop outside. They do not have the brain capacity for world domination like cats do, and, quite frankly, they're happy to drink out of the toilet and eat out of the garbage. AND they're so happy to see you sometimes that they actually pee themselves. That's my kind of pet. Kitties are too high-society for me! >:) Hee hee.

August said...

Well, Charlie is really a dog trapped in a cat's body and Rocky is a really NEEDY dog trapped in a cat's body. Sega is the only one that actually acts like a cat.

New kitty got bad news last night. Her ankle is broken, and the particular bone that fractured doesn't have a great chance of healing correctly even if the surgery could be afforded (and at 2000K, it probably can't). Best case scenario is that she'll be walking funny for the rest of her life. The worst case scenario is that the leg atrophies and the muscle permanently contracts, which would require amputation.

She's currently in a pink splint with hearts all over it, and her new nickname is Pirate Kitty since she looks/walks like a pirate with a peg leg. She seems to really like me even though I subject her to such evil as giving her pain meds and squeezing her toes to check for swelling.

August said...

Er, that should be 2K, not 2000K. Even so, it's an expensive procedure.

Lily Girl said...

Ha - sounds like the conversation I have with one of my kitties. But the other two were clearly dogs in previous lives - they are more easy going (but on the other hand they both eat nearly everything, so the only thing we can leave on the counter is bananas. It's obnoxious.) Do yours talk as much as mine? As in *all the time*...

Copyright 2007-2008.